July 24, 2019
Should I Hire In-House, Agency, or Freelance SEO?
If you want your website’s SEO to improve, you can visit an agency, hire a freelancer, or do in-house. For those new to the SEO world, they may wonder which is the best, or which is the best for their situation. Can they help show off your SEO Brisbane Can they help your company get to the top of Google? In this post, we’ll show you what they can do for you.
What to Consider
There are many different factors to look at when making the SEO decision. Should you spend a lot to get quality, or should you consider your budget? Do you want to target a worldwide audience, or a local area?
When it comes to in-house, you would have to hire the right people, and it’s not easy. Hiring people for any business isn’t.
With all that said, let’s look at all the different ways you can go about SEO Brisbane and we will discuss the pros and cons.
If you can afford it, hiring in-house may be your best option. They consist of skilled people, and they have all sorts of SEO talent at your disposal. They can make content, build links, and make sure your business is getting the views it deserves. You can rest easy knowing that your work is in professional hands, as these agencies tend to work with more than just you. This means that you’re working with experienced individuals who have been there, done that when it comes to SEO.
With that said, pricing is a factor. You should be willing to pay more for good quality, but you may be on a budget. The price will depend on the people working and what you need. Just know that you may have to spend more. However, there are benefits. Since they aren’t employees, you don’t have to pay them like you would. They are at-will, and you just pay for them when you need the services.
To summarize, agencies are good because they can:
- Take the project off your hands.
- You can focus more on your business instead of worrying about the SEO.
- They are qualified and have experience with similar clients.
- You can manage all the accounts much easier.
Some cons include:
You can’t pick the team, meaning that you can’t talk to the exact people working on the job.
Your project may go through multiple teams. Because of this, they may have problems with keeping a consistent strategy.
The cost. This is an obvious one, but also remember that it may be worth it in other regards.
Agencies are the best for SEO, so we highly recommend them if you have the money to do so. They are good for middle businesses that aren’t new and low-budget, but aren’t big just yet.
Freelancing is increasing in popular as the world becomes more remote. A freelancer doesn’t work for a company or works in-house. They are people who have no boss and don’t like the daily grind, and for good reason. Some people work best at night, others in the morning, and yet a normal job wouldn’t allow that.
A freelancer is someone who normally isn’t swamped with projects, and they can listen to whatever it is you need more. Also, they do cost less. This doesn’t mean that you should try to lowball them; freelancers need to pay bills, after all. Also, freelancers who are willing to work for next to nothing typically aren’t that good. However, you can get good service for a fair price. They can help take some work off your hands and allow you to work on different aspects of your business.
Pros of freelancers include:
- They get the work done at a fair price. However, some may negotiate a better deal.
- They are flexible. They can take on multiple projects you have if they have the skills to do so.
- Good if you only need small tasks that aren’t worth hiring an entire firm for.
- They can help you save time, allowing you to rest easier.
- Freelancers have experience in the work they do as well. Often, they will have past clients and reviews that back up their expertise.
- It’s much easier to communicate. A reliable freelancer can answer any questions you may have in a reasonable time frame.
Cons of freelancers include:
- You may need to give them more guidance. Sometimes, there can be miscommunications, so it’s important you give the client what they need beforehand to avoid any upsets. They may require a bit more handholding than an agency.
- They don’t have any connections to agencies and usually don’t have other employees. Because of this, you may not get everything.
- A freelancer may just focus on a certain aspect of marketing. However, some freelancers are knowledgeable in many different departments. It all depends on the individual or the situation.
- Sometimes, a freelancer may not have enough reviews to allow you to make the best decision.
- It’s entirely possible a freelancer may outsource your work. Check the reviews beforehand.
- May not be that useful if you’re a larger company. However, for a smaller company, they may be just the right type of people that you need.
An in-house team works in your company, and they can be there to help with any issue you may have. Besides SEO, they can help with website issues, technical difficulties, or just be there to tweak your website for the long run. They can help fix bring your website to the top before it’s even published. Also, you can be able to ask them any questions they may have.
These people have a good ROI, and they often have a budget that is quite good. However, one issue that people have is that they aren’t friendly for small companies.
So let’s look at the pros.
- They consist a team that’s ready to work.
- They are a part of office culture. This means they know how to be loyal employees.
- They will work with different teams as well, giving them experience.
- Everyone knows each other. This means everyone realizes their strengths, weaknesses, and how to click together.
- Most people working in-house are experience and educated. This is good news if you’re someone who needs all the experience.
- They are able to adapt to new situations, and since you have the oversight over the process, you can be creative and tell them what you can do. This can give you the most peace of mind.
Some cons to doing this are as follows:
- They need to be paid a consistent salary, and there maybe more costs overhead than you may think. Plus, you need to consider benefits and whatnot, too.
- Because there is a headed turnover, you may find a delay in some of your projects. This may mean projects could be more costly than you imagine.
- Your reputation needs to be good as well. If it isn’t they may not want to join you.
- Overall, this is better for companies that are bigger. If you’re a smaller company, it may be a bit more expensive and some people may feel that it’s not quite worth it.
Which one is the best for you? As you probably have figured out, it all depends on what your company is and what you need. A small project from a smaller company should hire a freelancer. A giant company may need in-house. A company that is in-between may benefit from an agency.
However, some smaller companies may benefit from splurging on an expensive agency, and perhaps a big company can find a great freelancer who can work some magic. Not all situations are created equal. What you need to do is look at your company and be realistic.
Think about the pros and cons of each one, and look at the problem you need to be solved. Look at your budget. Is your budget firm and low, or can it be stretched a little? Is it worth it to take a risk and get past the competition, or should you play it safe?
These questions all need to be asked before you make the hire. Some people will have an easy time with answering these questions and others may need some more contemplation before they decide.
Either way, by hiring the right people, you can increase your exposure, your revenue, and overall improve your business. With so many businesses going online, you need to have good SEO. A professional can help you out. Few businesses can do it themselves; even if you are knowledgeable about SEO, it’s still a challenge for you to do, and you could spend more of your time growing other parts of your country.
So try to hire a professional and see how they can help you.