May 17, 2018
Enjoy the Tranquil City of Nawalgarh
A peaceful, little town located in the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan, Nawalgarh comes midway between Sikar and Jhunjhunu. This town has its own charm of being tranquil and calm. The beautiful havelis that you will come across on both sides of the main streets of Nawalgarh, will make you come back to this place time and again.
Over the years, Nawalgarh has become quite famous of a tourist destination across the country. You will find many hotels in Jhunjhunu where you can book your stay for your trip to Nawalgarh. Here are some of the tips you ought to keep in mind while traveling to this beautiful city. Keep reading.
- Visit the havelis of Nawalgarh. The havelis or the palatial buildings that you will get to see here are mostly built by the former rulers of Nawalgarh and the wealthy merchant families of this place. The havelis are incredibly beautiful. People all over the world come to visit the frescoed havelis, with ornate brass and metal fittings that can be found on the walls of the havelis.
- Most of the havelis are used for modern day purposes these days. Check out the painted walls and many fine paintings that many of these havelis have in store. The paintings and the maps of this region bear the authentic charm of Shekhawati culture. Also, do not forget to check the distinctive architectural style of the havelis. The front gate, the chamber, the grand terrace, the water storage inside the havelis- all of these will take you to the previous era. Havelis like AnandiPodarki Haveli, Bala Kila, Sheesh Mahal, Aath Mahal, Poddar Haveli, Morarki Haveli- all of these havelis are so beautiful that you will be mesmerized seeing the intricate designs and the vibrant hues of color on the walls of these palatial buildings.
- Check out the temples of Nawalgarh. Like havelis, most of the temples were built by the erstwhile Rajput rulers of this city. Temples like Shri Ramdevji Mandir, Balaji Mandir, Lakshmi Narayan Mandir, Gangamai Temple bear the true essence of Shekhawati culture. Donâ€™t miss the temples during the festivals. Most of these temples get closed with the onset of the evening, so make sure you pay your visit to these places in the daytime.
- Do a bit of sight-seeing in order to enjoy the tranquility of the rural Rajasthan. You can always go to Sikar, Jhunjhunu and Salasar and visit the temples of these places. KhatuShyam Ji Temple, Jeen Mata Temple, and Hanuman ji Temple are all famous tourist destinations in this region.
- Even a simple stroll around the city of Nawalgarh will make you fall in love with this simple yet majestic city. Because of the abundant havelis, the locals call it a city of Open Art Gallery. The calm and serene city of Nawalgarh is something you must visit!
So, donâ€™t wait up anymore and pack your bags for a quiet holiday in this tranquil city of Nawalgarh. There are many heritage hotels in Rajasthan where you can book your stay for this trip. Happy Holidaying!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.