February 23, 2018
How to clean & maintain your bathroom during fall season?
With a winter season setting in around the world, itâ€™s important to prepare yourself for the extreme temperature drop in many different countries. Make sure your home; especially bathroom is ready for an imminent climate shift. Fall is perhaps the hardest season for bathroom cleaning as a lot of care is required. Apart from the routine cleaning, thereâ€™re many other things to consider for keeping it maintained throughout the season. Hereâ€™re some important things to remember;
- Moist and groom usually flourish in the bathroom during the winter so always clean and dry in the bathroom after every use. Also scrub the tub from top to bottom as well as a shower area to avoid bacterial infestation that may spread to other corners if not dealt with!
- Keep dirt, soot and grit out of the house, especially away from the bathroom. Lay down floor mats in several corners of your home and outside the bathroom. Thisâ€™ll prevent hard-to-clean muck from sticking to the bathroom floor, nooks and crannies.
- If youâ€™ve been waiting for bathroom cleaning equipment, perhaps now is the best time to invest. Pay a visit to the market and check different supplies such as scrubber, a brush, garbage bin, mats and rags so on.
- If you can spare some extra dough, get an automatic floor mop especially made for bathroom floor. Itâ€™s obvious you wonâ€™t enjoy cleaning with outdated and worn tools that may further damage the floor and upholstery.
- Fall is the best time to reapply waterproofing techniques and seal any persistent gaps or holes. Such flaws raise serious threat of mold and mildew development.
- Fix leaky faucets and pipes as rapid temperature drop may freeze the water inside the pipe causing it to crack or break outright.
- Deep cleans a bathroom at-least once every month during winter to prevent the extra mess before spring season arrives.
- Clean from top to bottom which means roof and ceiling comes first before you move down to the floor, sinks, shower curtain rods, medicine cabinet and other things.
- In case the bathroomâ€™s already a mess, you may vacuum the floor first and then mop using a wet cloth. Rub and scrub with a multi-purpose cleaner to bust off the germs.
- Once youâ€™re done cleaning the top section, treat whateverâ€™s left behind and below such as the floor, wall, behind the toilet, pedestal sink, cabinet and other bathroom accessories. Remember, a combination of dust and moisture during the fall is a recipe for bathroom disaster.
- When scrubbing is the concern, spray, industrial-grade bathroom cleaner all over and leave it intact for at-least 15 minutes. Itâ€™ll disinfect different corners of the bathroom before you proceed with some serious scrubbing.
- Keep a check on water heating system throughout the winter season and in case of any repairs, better do so before the season or else youâ€™ll end up paying a heavy fee.
- Septic pumps require pumping after every three years, however, itâ€™s highly recommended to check them during fall as you might need emptying it before spring blooms.
Make bathroom cleaning less hectic during winter following the above steps!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.