November 24, 2017
Top 5 holy places to visit in Varanasi
Varanasi is known as the spiritual city of India and we all know that the River Ganges is one of the reasons why people visit Varanasi so often. During several festivities, Varanasi is packed and several people love spending time by the Ghats. Other than this, Varanasi is also known for having quite a few holy spots like temples. You will find numerous temples here which were made decades ago and are devoted towards teaching about Indian spiritual culture. Here are some of them: –
- SankatMochan Hanuman Temple â€“ This exclusive temple is devoted to Lord Hanuman. If you are a believer of Hanuman, you should pay your respects at this temple once in your life. Situated at the AssiGhat, the location is quite beautiful. The temple has a special story attached to it. People say that those who pray here with full devotion can actually get their wishes fulfilled by Hanuman. The temple is packed every Tuesdays as there are countless Hanuman devotes in the temple. This is one of the most ancient temples to ever exist in Varanasi.
- TulsiManas Temple â€“ This gorgeous temple is drop dead gorgeous. You will be mesmerized to see the white marbles and the walls engraved with Ramayana scriptures. The temple is devoted to Lord Rama and Seeta. Many foreign tourists come here to see the Indian culture and to learn about Ramayana. You cannot miss this one!
- Sarnath â€“ This historic and incredibly beautiful place has a ton of things to offer. If you want to spend time in Sarnath to explore, make sure you pick good hotels in Varanasi which are close to the destination. It takes about 20 minutes from the main city to reach Sarnath. The place has various temples, idols, pillars and everything related to Gautam Buddha. This is the very same spot where he taught Dharma lessens.
- Bharat Mata Temple â€“ This temple is devoted towards patriotism. The temple is located in the Mahatma Gandhi Vidyapeeth, and they teach Indian citizens to respect Mother India. It also motivates Indians towards the duties they need to do in their own country. This place is not typically a temple, but you can enlighten yourself about Indian Gods and Goddess here.
- Kashi VishwanathMandirâ€“This is yet another temple that was built ages ago. It is one of the JyotiLingas and is situated on the banks of River Ganges. This place is hyped up for all the right reasons. If you want to find a place to worship in India, this is one of the best places you will ever discover. The temple also has a VishwanathGali, which is packed with jewellery and bangles for women. The way towards the temple is quite interesting.So, find one of the best hotels in Varanasi for your upcoming trip and find your spiritual side. You can visit all the Ghats in the city too when going across the place to see temples.
Pack your bags right now and have a happy religious trip!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.